You are here: Home > Home Insurance > Non-Standard Home Insurance


Non-Standard Home Insurance Cover

A policy designed exclusively for those where a standard type of cover will not meet your insurance requirements.

Owners who have properties that are hard to insure, will find this policy most suitable. Typical examples are:  Properties in areas of flood or subsidence, thatched, listed, conversions or made of unusual materials, Properties or contents which are of a particular high value, Insureds in unusual occupations, Individuals with a history of bankruptcy or a criminal record, Buildings that are shared, part let or used in business

If you would like to discuss your requirements then please give us a call or request a callback.



Buildings Insurance

Our policies provide first class all risks* buildings cover for properties which may be difficult to insure.

All risks cover plus accidental damage available.

Contents and Valuables

Comprehensive worldwide cover available for the contents of your home including your, arts and antiques, audio and video equipment, glass and mirrors, and valuables.

All risks cover with the option to add accidental loss or damage and worldwide cover.

Automatic cover for valuables up to an overall value of £2,500 or 10% of the sum insured.

Cover available for valuable items over £750.

Cover available for pictures, paintings and works of art over £750.

Extensions of cover available for credit cards and money.

Extensions of cover available for freezer food.




Who is it for?

What is covered?

Why you need it?

Owners who have properties that are hard to insure:

  • Properties that have suffered from flood or subsidence
  • Unoccupied properties
  • Thatch properties
  • High value buildings
  • High value contents

Buildings and contents cover tailored to your specific requirements which take into account:

  • Non standard buildings insurance e.g. Thatch or listed buildings
  • High value contents insurance
  • Homes which are susceptible to flooding
  • Public and Personal Liability
  • Household goods and personal belongings

To protect you, your home and contents from:
  • Theft by third parties
  • Fire and Water Damage
  • Malicious and Accidental Damage

Additional Benefits Include

Non-Standard Home

A bespoke policy specifically underwritten by a panel of specialist insurers.

If you are having trouble finding home insurance, then we may be able to help you find a policy.

Other Information

We do need to know if your home will be unoccupied for more than 60 continuous days and cover will exclude damage from escape of water and oil, theft and malicious damage unless we agree otherwise.