You are here: Home > Home Insurance > Holiday & Second Homes > Overseas Homes


Overseas Holiday and Second Home Insurance

This policy is designed for owners of holiday homes within the EU.  Providing first class cover for the buildings and contents of your holiday home.

If you would like to discuss your requirements then please give us a call or request a callback.



Buildings Insurance

Our policies provide first class all risks* buildings cover for your holiday home.

Escape of oil from fixed domestic oil-fired heating installations.

Cover for loss of rent or alternative accommodation.

Cover for frost damage to fixed water tanks, apparatus & pipes.

Theft or attempted theft.

Subsidence for Spain, Portugal and UK.

Contents and Valuables

Comprehensive cover for the contents of your holiday home

Household goods and personal property.

Accidental damage to televisions, audio & video equipment.

Theft of contents from outbuildings.Breakage of mirrors/fixed glass in furniture.

Domestic freezer contents up to £500.

Up to £2M Employers Liability for domestic staff.

Up to £2M Public Liability.

Emergency travel.




Who is it for?

What is covered?

Why you need it?

For people who own a second home in the UK or abroad and require:
  • Buildings insurance
  • Contents insurance
  • Cover for accidental damage
  • Loss of rent
  • Swimming pools
  • Fixed air conditioning units
  • Household goods and personal property

Included as standard:

  • Buildings cover with accidental damage
  • Contents with worldwide all risks cover
  • Accidental damage is available for contents
  • Up to £2M Employers Liability for domestic staff
  • Up to £2M Public Liability
  • Emergency travel

To protect your property in the event of loss or damage caused by an insurable peril such as:
  • Theft by third parties
  • Fire and Water Damage
  • Malicious and Accidental damage
  • Public liability cover
  • Enable you to pay any damages you may be liable for

Additional Benefits Include

Overseas Insurance

  • Providing cover for buildings and contents insurance whether your property is occupied or unoccupied
  • Cover is also available if you let your property for up to 35 weeks of the year
  • Emergency travel in the event the building suffers damage in excess of £1,500

Knowing your foreign holiday home is covered by a quality insurance cover is important. Particularly, if let out to others.

Other Information

We do need to know if your home will be unoccupied for more than 30 continuous days and cover will exclude damage from escape of water and oil, theft and malicious damage unless we agree otherwise.